Preventive Dental Care
Take Care of Yourself…
Your smile is the very first thing that people notice about you - your first impression. A smile, however, is much more than just part of your appearance - unlike your hairstyle or sense of fashion, keeping your smile healthy is also important to your overall health.
Children's Dental Care
We welcome children of all ages; those in preschool or primary school are usually seen in the morning. And of course we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about thumb sucking, snoring, pacifiers, bedtime bottles, sports injuries to the face and teeth, or crowded or missing teeth.
For keeping your teeth for a lifetime:
- Have your teeth professionally cleaned by your dental hygienist as advised.
- Stay up to date on your complete dental examination and necessary xrays.
- Brush and floss effectively every day.
- Increase your awareness about Oral Cancer.
- Restore any areas of dental decay.
- Replace old, worn, cracked or leaky fillings.
- Replace any missing teeth.
- Learn about Periodontal (Gum) Disease and how to prevent it.
- Don't smoke, chew or use smokeless tobacco.
- Don't use your teeth as a tool (for opening packages, etc.).
- Don't chew ice.
- Ask us about dental sealants and fluoride supplements.
- Follow a healthy, balanced diet.
- Use a mouth guard to protect your teeth while playing all types of sports.
- Smile often!
Your Dental Health is Important
Current research continues to reveal the extent to which bacteria that cause gum disease and oral infections are linked to diabetes, heart disease, strokes and pre-term and low birth weight babies. Our Dentists and Hygiene Team work together to provide you with the latest information about oral health and its connection to your overall health.
The Academy of General Dentistry® recommends a complete oral health assessment every 3-6 months. Contact Winterville Dental to make a preventive appointment that fits your schedule!
Great for adults and children
“Not only do I feel comfortable when I visit, but my 8 year old daughter loves going to the dentist here! They are very thorough, but also gentle and kind to little ones. They focus on the positive with my daughter, and she leaves feeling awesome about her teeth.”— Katie T.